Olvebra's recipe of the week is perfect for warming you up on those cold wintry days: Collard Greens Soup. It's an even better option for those who are allergic to lactose or gluten. To view this week's recipe, click here.
Collard Greens Soup
with Extrato de Soja SoyVida (SoyVida Soy Extract)
- 2.2 lb (1 kg) potatoes
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped (leaves only)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablet or cup vegetable broth (optional)
- Salt to taste (if not using vegetable broth)
- 3 tbsp Extrato de Soja SoyVida Olvebra
- Water for cooking potatoes, kale, and spinach (amount should be enough to keep vegetables covered during cooking).
1. Cook 2.2 lb (1 kg) of potatoes, 1 large onion, 1 cup of chopped spinach, 1 cup of chopped kale, and 1 tablet or 1 cup of vegetable broth.
2. Hydrate Extrato de Soja SoyVida in 6.7 fl oz (approx. 1 cup / 200 ml) of water.
3. Blend cooked vegetables and add 3 tbsp of hydrated Extrato de Soja SoyVida.
4. Heat it up and, if necessary, add more water. The consistency should be creamy.
5. Serve hot.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
This recipe is lactose free, gluten free, and unsweetened.