We have reinvented the Kibbeh, one of the most traditional dishes of the Arabic cuisine! In this recipe, we have managed to change its form and it has also become a vegetarian dish simply by substituting meat for Proteína Texturizada de Soja SoyVida. Prepare this delicacy today and root for your team! To view this week's recipe, click here.
with Proteína Texturizada de Soja SoyVida (SoyVida Textured Soy Protein)
- 1/2 bag (8.8 oz / 250 g) kibbeh wheat
- 1 cup Proteína Texturizada de Soja SoyVida (PTS)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 large tomato, chopped,
- 1 large potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and sautéed
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 cup peppermint, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can corn (optional)
- Water to hydrate wheat and soy protein
1. In a bowl, hydrate 1/2 bag (8.8 oz / 250 g) of kibbeh wheat in water for approximately 1 hour. Strain the content and set it aside.
1. In a bowl, hydrate 1 cup of PTS SoyVida in 2 cups of boiling water and 1/2 a lime juice for 15 minutes. Strain the content and squeeze out all the excess water.
2. Add 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
1. Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Grease a baking pan and pour the content while pressing down with your hands so it will stay even.
3. Pour some olive oil and bake at 365 F (180 C) for approximately 40 minutes or until surface is golden brown.
Servings: approximately 25.
Prep time: 1 hour.
This recipe is lactose free and unsweetened. Contains gluten.
Recipe submitted by Thais de Oliveira.